Employer: Niagara Arts & Cultural Center (NACC)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: NACC Administration, Executive Director
Location: 1201 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls NY 14301
Job Type: Part Time, Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 1 PM
The Niagara Arts & Cultural Center is seeking an engaged and energetic professional for the position of Administrative Assistant. This person should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. An ideal candidate should be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and patrons. This person will be responsible for handling clerical tasks and management of our office.
Qualifications: Applicants should be highly self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and also as part of a team in a collaborative workplace. A candidate will need the ability to write clearly and be proficient with word processing applications such as Microsoft Office Suite. Candidates should be creative, welcoming, cooperative and helpful, with very strong communication skills. Experience or interest in arts and cultural activities, educational programs, and nonprofit organizations is also highly valued.
Required Minimum Experience: 2-3 years office or clerical work with increasing responsibility.
or Education: Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
License or Certification: Valid Driver’s License, access to a vehicle.
Compensation rate will be determined by experience and qualifications.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: Almost all work will be completed in the NACC Office. The Administrative Assistant will also be required to walk to spaces throughout our 180,000 sq. foot building and up and down stairs as needed. Should be able to lift 25+ lbs.
- greeting clients and visitors,
- receiving incoming phone calls and other communications,
- coordinating and completing mailings,
- answering questions about NACC programs, events, and tenant activities,
- forwarding accurate notes, inquiries, and information to appropriate NACC Staff members
- filing reports, forms, and work order requests,
- accepting payments for rental, memberships, donations, and tickets for events,
- managing files, updating paperwork,
- completing precise data entry and maintaining up to date records and contact lists,
- maintaining tenant mailboxes,
- maintaining office calendar,
- maintaining supplies and completing orders,
- upholding an organized and welcoming office space,
- receiving and processing paperwork for documents pertaining to galleries and programs,
- creating materials for marketing and programs such as signage, labels, flyers, as needed,
- assisting with events, as needed
- performing other general office clerk duties and errands as needed
- proven office, administrative or assistant experience
- knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- attention to detail and problem solving skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- strong computer skills
- ability to collaborate in a team environment
- strong organizational and planning skills
- proficient in ms office suite
- proficient in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
About the NACC: As the largest multi-arts center in up-state New York, the NACC is home to more than 75 artists and arts groups: over 60 artist studios, 3 public galleries, and multiple private galleries, three theaters, a radio station, a certified sound stage / movie production facility, the Niagara Falls High School alumni center, and the NACC Artisan Café & Gift Shop.
NACC Artists also provide classes in Music, Painting, Dance, Videography, Animation, Sculpture , and Writing.
The NACC continues to grow as an education center offering adult and children classes to the public. Summer programs for kids offer an array of art, music, dance, and technology classes to area elementary, middle and high school students.
Celebratory and fundraising events, rental space for meetings, small conferences, and parties, enhance the NACC’s community value. The NACC galleries host a diverse range of exhibitions, and our theaters regularly feature a broad variety of musical, theatrical and dance activities. The NFHS Alumni Center is a collection of memorabilia including yearbooks, photos, and documents for all to enjoy.
Interested individuals should send Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to:
Rachel Macklin Olszewski
Director of Programs & Rentals
Niagara Arts & Cultural Center
1201 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls NY 14301
PHONE: (716) 282-7530 ext 7
FAX: (716) 282-7533