CALL FOR ARTWORK
2019 Emerging Artists
Garden Gallery Niagara Arts & Cultural Center 1201 Pine Avenue Niagara Falls, NY 14201
On Display: July 13 – Aug 25, 2019
Exhibit Opening: July 13, 2019 7-9 PM
Deadline for Entry: June 1, 2019
The NACC Gallery Committee is pleased to announce our first annual Emerging Artists Exhibit. This juried exhibit welcomes emergent artists of all ages throughout Western New York working in traditional and nontraditional mediums. The Emerging Artists Exhibit’s goal is to promote and encourage artists to exhibit works in a professional space, network with other local artists, and celebrate artistic and stylistic development. In addition, this exhibit also seeks to promote multi-arts experiences, so submitted works may include (but are not limited to): visual art, performance art, literature and poetry, digital media, textiles, music, or any combination of the above. There is no theme to this exhibit, however, in compliment to our Beyond the Barrel: Power Exhibit which will be on display in the Townsend Gallery, we urge artists to harness the innovative, experimental spirit of Niagara’s engineers and inventors – nontraditional mediums are encouraged.
This juried exhibit will be on display in the NACC’s Garden Gallery, two-dimensional works and a limited number of sculptural/three dimensional pieces will be accepted. As space is limited, this is a juried exhibit; a committee of artists will review submissions and accept works.
- Marketing: (to have your work featured on our promotional materials) May 1, 2019
- Entry Deadline: June 1, 2019 – your entry paperwork and digital images/proposal of your work must be submitted.
- Notice of Acceptance: June 10, 2019 – you will be informed via email if your work has been accepted to this exhibit.
- Drop-Off Deadline: June 28, 2019 – your entry fee must be paid and artwork must be dropped off at the NACC.
Exhibit Fee: $10 for two pieces. (Two (2) piece maximum). Entry fees can be paid with cash, or by check or money order made payable to Niagara Arts and Cultural Center and mailed to: NACC, 1201 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14301.
Reception: Emerging Artists opens on the 2nd floor of the NACC, in the Garden Gallery, on July 13th at 7 PM. This opening is part of the NACC’s SECOND SATURDAYS Programming Series. In addition, BEYOND THE BARREL will open on the same day at 5 PM in the Townsend Gallery. All exhibiting artists should be in attendance, please notify the NACC if you will not be able to attend the opening reception.
Awards: Monetary awards sent via check after the opening reception.
Pick Up: Art must be picked up Sept 1 – 15th, the NACC is not responsible for artworks that remain in our space after September 15th, artworks may be discarded or donated for auction or sale.
Emerging Artists Exhibit also features the following program:
- Professional Display Workshop: Artist and Instructor Ray Robertson discuss proper preparation of artworks for display. Students will be taught how to select and cut mats and frame artworks. $10 General Registration, $5 Student Registration. Register online at thenacc.org.