CALL FOR ARTWORK
2019 Artists and Friends
Townsend Gallery Niagara Arts & Cultural Center 1201 Pine Avenue
Niagara Falls, NY 14201
On Display: Dec 14, 2019 – Jan 26, 2020
Exhibit Opening: Dec 14, 2019 4-7 PM
Deadline for Entry: November 25, 2019
It’s that time of the year again, the NACC is proud to announce our annual Artists & Friends Exhibition and our Friends of the NACC Holiday Party. The Artists & Friends Exhibition celebrates all original visual art of any medium, genre, or artistic interpretation. Artworks submitted for this exhibition will be displayed in our Main Gallery from Dec 14, 2019 – Jan 26, 2020.
THIS IS AN OPEN EXHIBIT, ALL WORKS OF ALL THEMES MAY BE ACCEPTED. Our suggested theme of this exhibit is “From Niagara, With Love” – we invite artists to submit works inspired by our very own honeymoon capital and wonder of the world. We envision this exhibit as our artists collective “love letter” to Niagara, our city, our community, and our organization. And what better time to reflect on the things that bring warmth and joy to our lives than the holidays? We invite artists to submit up to 4 works, with preference to works that were created within the last year and that have not been exhibited at the NACC in the past. All mediums accepted, 2D and 3D, and multimedia.
Afterwards, join us for our Holiday Party! We invite guests to bring a dish to share and enjoy in good tidings and cheer!
- Marketing: (to have your work featured on our promotional materials) Nov 1, 2019
- Entry Deadline: Nov 25, 2019 – your entry paperwork and digital images/proposal of your work must be submitted.
- Drop-Off Deadline: Nov 25, 2019 – your entry fee must be paid and artwork must be dropped off at the NACC.
- Pick-Up Deadline: February 25, 2019 (30 Days after end of show)
NACC MEMBERS – Entry fee is $20 for the first two pieces and $5 for up to two (2) additional pieces.
- GENERAL ENTRY – Entry fee is $30 for the first two pieces and $10 for up to two (2) additional pieces.
- Four (4) piece maximum.
Drop off appointments outside of that time may be arranged by calling 282-7530.
Entry fees can be paid with cash, or by check or money order made payable to Niagara Arts and Cultural Center and mailed to: NACC, 1201 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14301. Card accepted in the NACC Main Office or via paypal.
- Artworks for this exhibit are not required to be for sale, however works for sale should be priced to include a 25% commission for NACC in sell price.
- 3-D and 2-D Artwork of all genres, mediums, and artistic interpretations will be accepted for the exhibit.
- Prizes will be awarded, amounts based on amount of entry fees recieved.
- Winners will be announced on Dec 14th at the exhibition opening and NACC Holiday Party, 4-7 PM.
Eligibility for Gallery Exhibit
- This exhibition is open to all artists. All artwork must be original and created by the artist. Instructors or mentors who assisted touched up or worked on pieces should be credited.
- Our Gallery uses a wire hanging system. Two-dimensional works must be wired and framed for hanging or mounted for display. Sawtooth, Arrow, Push pins, D-Ring, Hang Tabs, & Command Strips/Hooks are not accepted as they do not work with the system installed in the Gallery. Sculptures/Works that cannot stand on their own will not be accepted. Submitted works that do not meet this requirement will be omitted from the exhibit.
- The NACC will not alter or repair pieces that are not “hang-ready” upon arrival. Artworks that are warped, damaged, or deemed not suitable for display will be omitted from this exhibition.
- Three-dimensional sculptural works must by free standing with a clean, non-abrasive base or mounted on a pedestal.
- Complete the online entry form or visit thenacc.org to download a PDF version of the form. Physical forms can be picked up at the Main Office, 2nd Floor of the NACC. Form must be submitted by Entry Deadline.
- All mediums of artwork will be accepted.
- You will be notified if your work will be included in the Gallery Exhibit.
- Entry fees can be paid with cash, or by check or money order made payable to Niagara Arts and Cultural Center and mailed to: NACC, 1201 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY PAYMENT IS DUE UPON DROP OFF – Artworks will not be accepted without full entry payment.
Please submit Entry Form with the signed Release of Liability together with the necessary payment and all artwork. No entries will be accepted without completed forms; payment, and artwork, entries must be submitted by the final deadline.
- Attach a label to the back or underside of each piece with the artist name, title, medium & price. Artworks WILL NOT be accepted without proper labeling.
- Please complete the attached sheet of identifying information as a copy for the gallery curator.
- Drop off work during NACC hours any day before/on the final drop off deadline. The NACC hours for artwork drop off and pick up will be Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm. Please submit registration paperwork in the main office on the second floor. NACC Staff will escort artists with artwork to the storage space on the first floor.
- Pick up work during NACC hours any day from end of show and up to 30 days after the end of the show. The NACC is not responsible for any artwork left at the NACC after the final pick-up date. No exhibition artwork will be released for any reason before the final day of the exhibit.
- Please review the DEADLINES section for important dates.