The Exhibit will open on August 25th from 6 – 8 PM with a reception in the Townsend Gallery and a Fashion Industry Night. This event will include Model Auditions for the Transformation Wearable Art Show and Juried Competition and opportunities for designers to network with other artists, models, and organizations. You can also pick up your tickets for Transformation Wearable Art Show and Juried Competition.
The Transformation Wearable Art Show and Juried Competition organized by Maria McLaughlin, Brook D’Angelo, and Mary Grace Ohrum. We expect the Transformation Wearable Art Show and Competition to hit of your senses to create a memorable evening. Transformation is sure to be a unique experience, the audience will be shocked and surprised by what our designers can take every day items and recycle them into beautiful, breathtaking show pieces. Featuring music, models, vendors, food and wine, this event is sure to be a blast this October. Admission for this event is as follows:
- $20.00 General Admission
- $15.00 NACC Member / Student Admission
Tickets are available in our Main Office, 2nd floor of the NACC, via the phone 716-282-7530, or through our Event Page
Members / Students contact the NACC to get discount code to order online.
Seeking Wearable Art Designers for a competition at the NACC this October! This competition is split by categories and everyone will get to show there fashion and artistic skill – see categories below. Wearable art, also known as Artwear or “art to wear”, refers to individually designed pieces of (usually) handmade clothing or jewelry created as fine or expressive art. We encourage our designers to create fashions from recycled or upcycled goods. Designers and models interested in being a part of this competition may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit thenacc.org/transformations. The deadline for entry is August 18th, 2017. The prospectus for this competition can also be found at www.thenacc.org. Let’s make this a fun but competitive experience. It is our pleasure to present these exhibits.
Transformations Wearable Art Show & Competition Categories
- Scene 1—Fit for a Queen—Victorian and early 20th century fashions, industrial revolution, Steampunk.
- Scene 2—Glamour Girls: The golden years of Hollywood, the birth of the “iconic movie star”
- Scene 3—Wild Child: A time of peace, love, rock ’n roll and fashion…the 1960’s and 1970’s.
- Scene 4—Let’s Dance! Fabulous fashions from the Discos Days, to the big hair and bangles of the 80’s to the hip-hop fashions of the 90’s.
- Scene 5—Millennium Chaos: This is the “anything goes” category.
- Scene 6—Futuristic Diva: Envision the fashions of the future.
- NACC Member: $20 first entry; $10 each add’l entry
- Non-NACC Member: $25 first entry; $15 each add’l
- Student Entry: $15 first entry; $10 each add’l
Note: Artists under 18 allowed with parental consent. Proceeds from entry fees will go directly to price money for the winning entries.
NACC Grand Theatre (2nd Fl), 7:30 PM
- NACC Members: $20.00
- Non-Members: $25.00
Transformations Wearable Art Show & Competition, Just the Facts:
- Professional jurors from the fashion / arts industry will rate each entry on level of artistry and craftsmanship, complexity, movement of material and innovation.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for each category, with the Grand Prize being awarded to Best in Show. Prize amounts are based on number of entries received.
- The NACC will hold two Casting Calls for models to take place at the venue. Dates to be announced soon.. Models are volunteering their time for this event. Artists are welcome to attend casting calls to choose their model(s). Artists may use their own models; however, all models must be available for scheduled rehearsals.
- By participating in Transformation Wearable Art Show & Competition, you are giving The NACC permission to reproduce images (photo or video) of your art for any publicity, fundraising or promotional endeavor now and in the future.
- Entries with fee due by August 18, 2017
- Artists narrative and digital image or sketch for each entry must be received no later than August 26, 2017 — this is critical! Email to: email@example.com
- Entrants selected for the show will be notified by September 2, 2017.
- Rehearsal schedule TBD
- Dress rehearsal will take place on day of the show, time TBD