Employer: Niagara Arts & Cultural Center (NACC)
Position: Account Manager
Reports to: Finance Director, Executive Director
Location: 1201 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls NY 14301
Job Type: Part Time, Monday-Friday, Flexible Hours
The Account Manager advances the mission of The Niagara Arts and Cultural Center (“NACC”) through various means, but primarily through the Finance Office. This position requires significant contact with tenants, staff, building supervisor, donors and the public.
Qualifications: Applicants should be highly self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and also as part of a team in a collaborative workplace. A candidate should be proficient with accounting applications. Candidates should be responsible, attentive to details, cooperative and helpful, with very strong communication skills. Experience or interest in arts and cultural activities, educational programs, and nonprofit organizations is also highly valued.
Required Minimum Experience: 2-3 years finance and account management.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- Must be professional at setting priorities and coping with competing demands.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on finance or accounting.
- Business background helpful, nonprofit experience a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on finance or accounting.
- License or Certification: Valid Driver’s License, access to a vehicle.
Compensation rate will be determined by experience and qualifications.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: Work is to be performed onsite during NACC business hours unless duties require additional time, including evenings and weekends, when NACC time sensitive situations, critical issues or NACC sponsored events occur. This position works under minimal supervision, must have highly developed interpersonal skills.
As time constraints allow: these responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Entering payables and receivables on an ongoing basis.
- Helps with the production of monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee and periodic financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Maintains databases for donors, customers, vendors, grants, and membership.
- The NACC is a diverse organization and requires all employees to be supportive of other programs. Thus, other duties can be assigned as deemed necessary by the Executive Director
Key Responsibility Area: Account Manager
- Bookkeeping including generating checks and invoices
- File maintenance and organization of receipts, bills and other relevant information.
- Preparing financial materials for reports
- Assembling and providing materials for the annual audit and 990 filing.
- General office work such as mailings, filings and related activities including membership mailings and membership cards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Key Responsibility Area: Development of Annual Budget
- Day to Day original entries in the Account System.
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
Work is to be performed onsite during NACC business hours unless duties require additional time, including evenings and weekends, when NACC time sensitive situations, critical issues or NACC sponsored events occur. This position works under minimal supervision, must have highly developed interpersonal skills.
INTERNAL: Communication—verbal and written material and email is required with other NACC staff, the Finance Director and the Executive Director to exchange job related information.
EXTERNAL: Communication—verbal and written material and email as required.
Experience or other conditions may be considered for substitution of these requirements at the discretion of the NACC. This job description reflects the general duties considered necessary and essential to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
About the NACC: As the largest multi-arts center in up-state New York, the NACC is home to more than 75 artists and arts groups: over 60 artist studios, 3 public galleries, and multiple private galleries, three theaters, a radio station, a certified sound stage / movie production facility, the Niagara Falls High School alumni center, and the NACC Artisan Café & Gift Shop.
NACC Artists also provide classes in Music, Painting, Dance, Videography, Animation, Sculpture, and Writing.
The NACC continues to grow as an education center offering adult and children classes to the public. Summer programs for kids offer an array of art, music, dance, and technology classes to area elementary, middle and high school students.
Celebratory and fundraising events, rental space for meetings, small conferences, and parties, enhance the NACC’s community value. The NACC galleries host a diverse range of exhibitions, and our theaters regularly feature a broad variety of musical, theatrical and dance activities. The NFHS Alumni Center is a collection of memorabilia including yearbooks, photos, and documents for all to enjoy.
Interested individuals should send Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to:
Niagara Arts & Cultural Center
1201 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls NY 14301
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (Use Subject: Account Manager Application _ LastName_Firstname)
PHONE: (716) 282-7530
FAX: (716) 282-7533
Phone calls and facebook applications not accepted. All requested materials must be furnished for review.
Download PDF Application: http://thenacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Job-Listing-_-Account-Manager-PDF.pdf
Application Form Online: